lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris <chrislin0...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A question about ParalellMultiSearcher and RMI
Date Sun, 20 Apr 2008 05:17:49 GMT
You may try to use the java parameter with -xmx to set up your memory.
If you have 8G Ram in system , but java VM only caluse the smaller usage.

And I try to merage the index from disk to RAM . When Index is only about 1G
size , but into the RAM .
I try to trace the memory usage , over 1G (about 1.5~2G )...
But if you only have 3G  , I think the 8G memory that is good enough.

above
                                              Chris.

PCHOME ,Search Team @ Taiwan

--