lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Stoppelman" <>
Subject QueryWrapperFilter question...
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 18:04:53 GMT
Hi all,
I've been doing some performance testing and found that using
QueryWrapperFilter for a location field
restriction I have to do allows my search results to approach 5-10ms. This
was surprising.
Before the performance was between 50ms-100ms.

The queries from before the optimization look like the following:
+(+(text:cats) +(loc:1 loc:2 loc:3 ...))

The QueryWrapperFilter does do a search itself. Why would performance be so
drastically different when the
QueryWrapperFilter needs to do a search? Does lucene just not have the
statistics to optimize this query so it
can decide which terms to filter by first?