lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Leandro <leandro.rhc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions about use of SpellChecker: Constructor and Simillarity...
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 17:17:57 GMT

> Mainly because it is a nasty peice of code. But it does a good job.
> >
> Because spellChecker use a directory to store data. It can be FSDirectory,
> RAMDirectory ....

Perfect explanation... !!!
So use the RAMDirectory is better (perfomatically)

spell= new SpellChecker(FSDirectory.getDirectory("."));
spell= new SpellChecker(RAMDirectory.getDirectory("."));

The second is better (fast) to little amount of data...
Thanks so much, now I can understand ... It may be on real documentation...

> A classical OR query will match shuffled data : "The king of lord got a
> ring" should match.
> With shingle, you will match title in the right order.

Shingle will divide it on "couple" of words... so I can use it with OR ...
(The good one.... I'll try this)

Thanks so much!!!