lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Leandro <leandro.rhc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions about use of SpellChecker: Constructor and Simillarity...
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 16:50:08 GMT

>  1º Why need I pass a Directory objecto (obligatory) on constructor of
> > SpellChecker?
> >

> Mainly because it is a nasty peice of code. But it does a good job.

Thanks.
How can we suggest it (create an normal constructor without param) to the
team?

>  2º Suposse that in my dictonary I had these words:
> >
> > "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers"
> > "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring"
> > "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King"
> >
> > I just want to know how can I code something to "suggest" when user
> > query
> > "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" the application suggest:
> > "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring"
> > "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King"
> >
> > It is possible just using the Lucene?
> >

> There are no typos in your example so you really don't even need a spell
> checker for that. Using OR clauses in your query would be enough.

I guess no, because user will enter : "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of
the King" ... and the system should response with:

Similar:
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

I can't see how can I do that?  (just using the OR statement)
For example:

name like '%the%'
or
name like '%Lord%'
or
name like '%of%'
or
name like '%the%'
or
name like '%Rings%'

will produce so much results besides to be non-performatic...

Perhaps you want to combine one variant with MUST clauses that has a bit
> more boost than the OR clauses.
>
>     karl

Thanks so much Karl!!!