lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Anshum Gupta <anshum.gu...@naukri.com>
Subject RE: Appending to index
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 01:07:26 GMT
Hi,

You could try opening the indexWriter with the 3rd arguement as false. The 3rd arg[] specifies
whether a 'new' index has to be created or not. Something like

IndexWriter write = new IndexWriter(INDEX_FILE, new StandardAnalyser(),
false); //Notice the 3rd arguement here

I guess this should solve your problem (In case I did comprehend it correctly).

--
Anshum

From: Nitasha Walia (niwalia) [niwalia@cisco.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 4:07 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: Appending to index

Hi,

I am sorry, I don't quite understand what you meant by..

IndexWriter.updateDocument(...)

HTH

Let me re-phrase my question:

I need to append to an existing index. Presently, the code is structured
to check for the existing file, and exit if the file exists:

if(INDEX_FILE.exists())
{
System.out.println("Index File exists, remove existing index and
retry");
System.exit(1);
}

IndexWriter write = new IndexWriter(INDEX_FILE, new StandardAnalyser(),
true);
indexDocs(writer, FILE_TO_BE_INDEXED);
writer.optimize()
writer.close();

What files do I need to modify ? And what functions? Can you please
advise.

Thanks,
Nitasha