lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Scott Smith" <ssm...@mainstreamdata.com>
Subject Highlighting phrases
Date Sun, 20 Apr 2008 23:12:54 GMT
I've written some code to highlight items from a search using the standard Highlighter class,
QueryScorer, and NullFragmenter.  Everything works fine except when we do phrases.  If I search
for "fred smith" (with the quotes), it highlights any instances of "fred smith" just as expected.
 However, it also highlights the word "fred" and the word "smith" any place they appear.
Is this the expected behavior?   Can someone point me to where I can change this behavior
since it's a big deal to my customer (he only wants entire phrases highlighted)?

thanks

Scott