lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Renaud Delbru <>
Subject Update of stored and non-indexed binary fields
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 16:56:00 GMT

I am aware that there is already lots of discussions about field updates
in Lucene. I post my question anyway because I don't find any
information about my problem, which is to update a stored but
non-indexed field.
For example, I have for each document a stored and non-indexed binary
field 'pagerank', which is a float and which is used for computing the
score of a document. As the document collection evolves, the pagerank
for each document evolves also.
Since the pagerank value is stored as a float (BinaryValue), I guess
that the value size (in byte) is fixed in the field data (.fdt) file.
Then, could it be possible to overwrite the old float value by a new
float value ?

Renaud delbru

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: