lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions about use of SpellChecker: Constructor and Simillarity...
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 16:34:20 GMT
dreampeppers99 skrev:
> 1º Why need I pass a Directory objecto (obligatory) on constructor of
> SpellChecker?

Mainly because it is a nasty peice of code. But it does a good job.

> 2º Suposse that in my dictonary I had these words:
>
> "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers"
> "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring"
> "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King"
>
> I just want to know how can I code something to "suggest" when user query
> "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" the application suggest:
>
> "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring"
> "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King"
>
> It is possible just using the Lucene?

There are no typos in your example so you really don't even need a spell
checker for that. Using OR clauses in your query would be enough.
Perhaps you want to combine one variant with MUST clauses that has a bit
more boost than the OR clauses.

      karl