lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Marjan Celikik <>
Subject Re: Error tolerant text search with Lucene?
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2008 12:49:55 GMT
Mathieu Lecarme wrote:
>> wever I don't fully understand what do you mean by "iterate over your
>> query". I would like a conceptual answer how is this done with
>> Lucene, not a technical one..
> Your query is a tree, with BooleanQuery as branch and other query as
> leaf. If you wont to transforma query in "tolerant query", you have to
> change Term query (the leaf), with a "OR"  branch with variant term as
> leaf.
> To find variant of a term, you have to used a list of your Term and
> apply a filter to its to group them. Common filter for that are
> stemming, ngram+levenstein distance, phonetic ...
> M.
OK, now it's more clear.. my final question is when is this filter
information incorporated.. at index time or at search time? i.e. I want
to know whether the levenshtein distance is computed at query time or
this information is precomputed in the index?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message