lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mathieu Lecarme <math...@garambrogne.net>
Subject Re: Error tolerant text search with Lucene?
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2008 12:43:38 GMT
Marjan Celikik a écrit :
> Mathieu Lecarme wrote:
>> You have to iterate over your query, if it's a BooleanQuery, keep it,
>> if it's a TermQuery, replace it with a BooleanQuery with all variants
>> of the Term with Occur.SHOULD
>>
>> M.
>>

> Thanks.. however I don't fully understand what do you mean by "iterate
> over your query". I would like a conceptual answer how is this done
> with Lucene, not a technical one..
Your query is a tree, with BooleanQuery as branch and other query as
leaf. If you wont to transforma query in "tolerant query", you have to
change Term query (the leaf), with a "OR"  branch with variant term as leaf.

To find variant of a term, you have to used a list of your Term and
apply a filter to its to group them. Common filter for that are
stemming, ngram+levenstein distance, phonetic ...

M.