lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: Adding attribute to index
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 19:08:57 GMT
Nitasha Walia (niwalia) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a new user of Java Lucene and need to learn how to add a new
> attribute, such that, given a database of emails, containing sender
> information, searching for a keyword, results in

what kind of database do you use to store your emails?

I am asking because it might make sense to introduce some data
abstraction layer (for example JCR or Yarep) which would access your
database and has built-in Lucene and hence you would't have to worry
about Lucene itself, but could rather search like

Node[] emails = getRepository("emails").search("sender", QUERY);
for (i < emails.length) System.out.print(emails[i].getProperty("body");

> 1. The sender of the email
> 2. The email.

Otherwise I would suggest to start at

http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_3_1/gettingstarted.html

HTH

Michael

--
Michael Wechner
Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management - Yanel, Yulup