lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: How to reconstruct field value from index ?
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 17:32:26 GMT
wuqi wrote:
> Thank you Karl. I am just interested in how does Luke reconstruct
> with field that is unsorted and has no TermVector. Seems Luke have to
> iterate all the terms in the index,and check whether certain term is
> contained in the document.

Correct, that's exactly how this function works in Luke.

For each term it checks whether the term belongs to the document,
retrieves all positions of this term and puts the term at correct
positions in an array, which represents all terms of the document.
Finally elements of this array are concatenated using spaces.

That's all there is to it :)

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><