lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From DanaWhite <>
Subject TrecDocMaker
Date Sun, 27 Apr 2008 18:31:58 GMT

I am trying to use TrecDocMaker so I can successfully index and evaluate
lucene on a TReC collection.

It seems like I would just repeatedly call makeDocument() until all the
Documents have been created, but makeDocument appears to just read forever.
In general TrecDocMaker seems like an odd class and I just cant figure out
how to use it right.  I have been changing the class so it works with an
uncompressed collection and trying to modify it so makeDocument doesnt
endlessly read, but no matter what I have done it is just causing a
different error.  Clearly I am trying too hard.

In short what I want know is how am I supposed to use TrecDocMaker to parse
my collection...cause the current Lucene implementation doesnt seem to work
right, or I am using it wrong.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message