lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Britske <>
Subject Re: Does LUCENE-831) "Complete overhaul of FieldCache API" provide fieldcache offloading to disk?
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 17:25:25 GMT

The obstacle I'm seeing is that I have a lot of fields which use sorting.
Sooner or later this will give an OutOfMem-error since the field-cache grows
too large. Am i correct in assuming that implementing for instance a EHCache
with flush-to-disk would solve this issue?  (With a tradeoff for performance
of course)

Moreover, when warming readers with the patch, thus having 2 reader open at
the same time (I am using solr searchers btw, but I guess these use the same
underlying lucene-code, I'll have to check) can these 2 readers shares the
same fieldcache and thus eliminate the required double memory  while