lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From 021336 <smith_b...@bah.com>
Subject Controlling index file name
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 16:14:44 GMT

We use Lucene to create simple data stores that we deploy with our
application.  Our application also supports auto-updating and we refresh
these data stores monthly.  Since Lucene computes the names for the index we
end up deploying new files each time while leaving the old files to continue
taking up space needlessly.

The options I see to resolve this are:
- After each update check all the data store locations and delete CFS files
that have a date earlier then the Segments files, or
- Create the index files with a consistent name so that we overwrite
existing files with new files during each auto-update.

I found one thread discussing this using "AddIndexes" but I could not follow
it through to implementation.  Also, we are using Java 1.4 not 1.5.

Any suggestions?