lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does LUCENE-831) "Complete overhaul of FieldCache API" provide fieldcache offloading to disk?
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 13:49:10 GMT
It does not specifically incorporate caching to disk, but what it does
do is easily allow you to provide a new Cache implementation. The
default implementation is just a simple in memory Map, but its trivial
to provide a new implementation using something like EHCache to back the
Cache implementation.

I don't know if caching to disk will really be that much of a benefit,
so if you play around I would love to hear your results.

The big benefit is
if you are reopening Readers with field caches, it can be waaay faster.

- Mark