lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Fang...@emc.com
Subject how to query against payload
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2008 09:34:03 GMT
Hi,

                I want to use payload to store some kind of object id
which is an arbitrary byte array for better performance. But I do need
some kind of function like searching against payload value.

Also when the hits are available, how to get the payload of a specific
term from a document without set the field as stored? Currently I found
the only available interface is IndexReader.termPosition(new Term()).
Looks we need to search again.

I've seen there will be per document payload. When will it be ready?

Thanks,

Fang, Li