lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "AJ Weber" <awe...@comcast.net>
Subject replace field in doc?
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 14:26:30 GMT
I'm curious how people are building the "all" Field (for searching "all of the terms at once").

I understand using store=NO, Index=Tokenized is generally the way to add the field, but what
if I need to basically use multiple classes to build my Document before adding it to the index
(keeping things modular and reusable)?

If one class adds the Field (i.e. doc.add("all", sCurrentString, Field.Store.NO, Field.Index.TOKENIZED)
), then I pass the document ("doc" in this example) to another class, how do I basically concat
any additional field-values/strings to the existing text-Field?  This is all before the Document
is added to the index in the first-place.

I'm concerned that doing a doc.get("all") and then adding it back to the doc with the additional
string will result in two fields of the name "all" (I seem to have read this is the functionality
somewhere)???

Thanks in advance!
-AJ