lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Improving Index Search Performance
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 19:32:28 GMT

: *We also read in one of the posts that we should use bitSet.set(doc)
: instead of calling searcher.doc(id). But we are unable to to understand how
: this might help in our case since we will anyway have to load the document
: to get the other required field(company_id). Also we observed that the
: searcher is actually using only 1G RAM though we have 4G allocated to it.

in addition to Paul's previous excellent suggestion, note that if:
  * companyId is a single value field (ie: no document has more then one)
  * companyId is indexed

you can use the FieldCache to lookup the compnayId for each doc.  on the
aggregate this will most likely be much faster then accessing the stored
fields.

-Hoss