lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Help with Fuzzy Queries
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 00:38:46 GMT

:   When I try to look for something limilar with "FALHA DE DISJUNTOR", I've
: got the following results:
:      Result | score
:      FALHA DE COMANDO | 0.9277342
:      ATUAÇÃO FALHA DE DISJUNTOR | 0.8880876
:      RESET DE FALHA DE DISJUNTOR | 0.5709133

your best bet to make sense of scoring info like this is to start by
looking at the explain output for your query against each document.  note
that explain needs the real documentId so you'll have to use hit.docId();
and also note that the explaination will givey ou the "raw" score -- but
what will really matter to you is the relative distance in raw scores.

-Hoss