lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Donna L Gresh <gr...@us.ibm.com>
Subject applying patch in Eclipse to get SpanHighlighter functionality
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 16:27:48 GMT
I have downloaded the Lucene (core, 2.3.1) code and created a project
using Eclipse (pointing to src/java) to use it. That works fine, along
with the contrib highlighter jar file from the standard distribution.

I have also successfully added an additional Eclipse project for the
(standard) Highlighter, pointing to ..contrib/highlighter/src/java . I can
use this project instead of the standard highlighter jar file and that
works fine too.

I am having trouble figuring out how to apply the patch (assuming that's
possible) to get the SpanHighlighter functionality. When I try to apply
the patch using team->apply patch and pointing to the patch xml file, I am
getting errors that seem to imply that the patch is looking for things
under contrib/highlighter.... which it can't find.

I admit to knowing very little about patches; I am just interested in
getting the SpanHighlighter functionality.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you.

Donna  Gresh