lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Donna L Gresh <gr...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: applying patch in Eclipse to get SpanHighlighter functionality
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 18:30:44 GMT
Thanks Mark-
I'm very much a newbie in all this patching stuff, but I don't think I'm
using anything other than built-in Eclipse functionality using team->apply
patch. And it's clearly not working well.

I took a look at TortoiseSVN but I think it's way overkill for me-- oh
well; maybe I'll just wait until it makes it into a release :)

Donna Gresh

Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> wrote on 03/05/2008 12:07:21 PM:

> Are you using subclipse to apply the patch? Its not very good at it. I
> use TortoiseSVN for patching, as its much smarter about these things.
> With TortoiseSVN, you just patch from the root dir and it knows you are
> referring to the contrib folder thats under the root directory (the
> directory you apply the patch to). I think subclipse also makes patches
> with absolute URLs, which is not good either, though you can still use
> them with the ignore stuff it has.
>
> Donna L Gresh wrote:
> > I have downloaded the Lucene (core, 2.3.1) code and created a project
> > using Eclipse (pointing to src/java) to use it. That works fine, along

> > with the contrib highlighter jar file from the standard distribution.
> >
> > I have also successfully added an additional Eclipse project for the
> > (standard) Highlighter, pointing to ..contrib/highlighter/src/java . I
can
> > use this project instead of the standard highlighter jar file and that

> > works fine too.
> >
> > I am having trouble figuring out how to apply the patch (assuming
that's
> > possible) to get the SpanHighlighter functionality. When I try to
apply
> > the patch using team->apply patch and pointing to the patch xml file,
I am