lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Beard, Brian" <Brian.Be...@mybir.com>
Subject RE: Boolean Query search performance
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2008 17:50:22 GMT
Thanks for all replies.

Today when I printed out the query that's generated it does not have the
extra paren's. And query.rewrite(reader).toString() now gives the same
result as query.toString(). All I can figure is I must have changed
something between starting the email and sending it out. The other
oddity is the performance degradation is not as apparent. I'm wondering
if part of the problem is generating consistent data for comparing
search performance. I do a warmup before actually running the test, but
maybe it's not a good enough way to test.

One additional thing - from an earlier suggestion - is it possible to
add multiple terms per BooleanClause? I tried using TermQuery.combine()
to add in an array of them into one query and making a clause from that,
but there was no difference in performance.

Brian