lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: CheckIndex: pos -1 is out of bounds
Date Sun, 30 Mar 2008 08:38:06 GMT

Interesting!

I would be inclined to allow this, and fix CheckIndex's paranoia.  As
far as I can tell, Lucene itself does not mind if the position is -1
(at least PhraseQuery, SpanTermQuery happily find that Term at
position -1), although we do prevent setting positionIncrement to a
negative number in Token.java so you can't get less than -1.  Does
anyone know of actual cases where Lucene would choke on this?

Mike