lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Huge number of Term objects in memory gives OutOfMemory error
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 22:27:59 GMT
You can call IndexReader.setTermInfosIndexDivisor(int) to reduce how
many index terms are loaded in memory.  EG setting it to 10 will load
1/10th what's loaded now, but will slow down searches.

Also, you should understand why your index has so many terms.  EG,
use Luke to peek at the terms and see if they are "valid".  If for
example you are accidentally indexing binary content as if it were
text that can easily cause a great many, large, unwanted terms.

Mike