lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "German Kondolf" <german.kond...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Searching for null (empty) fields, how to use -field:[* TO *]
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 14:37:58 GMT
Hi,

I was looking for the same functionality, after a short googling
didn't find a solution, I assume it must exist but I finally decided
to "fill" those empty fields with a representative "null value",
"__null__", this is possible only if you know previously ALL the
fields.

I'd like to know if there is another way that negating any possible
value (-FIELD: * TO *), it seems to be "heavier" than a specified
null-value to handle it.

Regards,

Germán Kondolf
german.kondolf@gmail.com