lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Eran Sevi" <erans...@gmail.com>
Subject Multi process writer access to an index
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 13:54:44 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to write to a specific index from several different processes and
encounter problems with locked files (deletable for example).

I don't perform any specific locking because as I understand it there should
be file-specific locking mechanism used by lucene API. This doesn't seem to
be working as I am able to instantiate an IndexWriter on the same index
simultaneously, but I encounter problems when I try to close/optimize it .

Please help me understand if lucene doesn't support this kind of access, and
what's the proper way to write to the same index from two or more different
processes/computers.

Thanks,

Eran S.