lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Shalin Shekhar Mangar" <shalinman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why indexing database is necessary? (RE: indexing database)
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 11:27:39 GMT
Hi,

We have built a data import tool which can read from Databases and add
them to Solr. We found that making content available for full text
search and faceted search was a common use case and usually everyone
ends up writing a custom ETL based tool for this task. Therefore we're
contributing this back to the Solr project.

Please look at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-469 for
details. A user guide is provided at
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler

I realize that having such a tool for lucene would also be helpful for
a large audience. However, currently we're more focused on Solr since
we don't use lucene directly in our own production environments.

Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.