lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Schon <aaron_sc...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Lucene for Sentiment Analysis
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2008 21:33:44 GMT
Thanks to those who responded. I was wondering if taking a bag of words approach might work.
For example chunking the sentences to be analyzed and running a Lucene query against an index
storing sentiment polarity. Has anyone had success with this approach? I do not need a super
accurate system, something that is "reasonably" accurate.

Also, could you suggest good publicly available training datasets? I am aware of the Cornell
Movie Reviews dataset[1]

Thanks
AS

[1] http://www.cs.cornell.edu/people/pabo/movie-review-data/

----- Original Message ----
From: Vivek Balaraman <vivek.balaraman@gmail.com>
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Saturday, March 1, 2008 6:35:04 AM
Subject: Re: Lucene for Sentiment Analysis

We've been working on Sentiment Analysis. We use GATE and Wordnet for the
lexical / semantic analysis and J Free Charts for the visualization. The
domain is reviews on retail banking and in general our accuracy is around
75% and recall around 25%

We tried out lingpipe as well which also gave good results.

Tx
Vivek Balaraman