lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Document ID shuffling under 2.3.x (on merge?)
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 08:55:39 GMT

Hi Daniel,

2.3 should be no different from 2.2 in that docIDs only "shift" when
a merge of segments with deletions completes.

Could it be the ConcurrentMergeScheduler?  Merges now run in the
background by default and commit whenever they complete.  You can get
back to the previous (blocking) behavior by using
SerialMergeScheduler instead.

If it's not that ... can you provide more details about how your
applications is relying on docIDs?

Mike