lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mathieu Lecarme <math...@garambrogne.net>
Subject Re: Does Lucene support partition-by-keyword indexing?
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2008 21:50:02 GMT
The easiest way is to split index by Document. In Lucene, index
contains Document and inverse index of Term. If you wont to put Term
in different place, Document will be duplicated on each index, with
only a part of their Term.

How will you manage node failure in your network?

They were some trial to build big p2p search engine to compet with
Google, but, it will be easier to split by Document.

If you have to many computers and want to see them working together,
why don't use Nutch with Hadoop?

M.