lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Hall <mh...@informatics.jax.org>
Subject Looking for an example of Using Position Increment Gap
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 21:06:02 GMT
Fellows,

I'm working on a project here where we are trying to use our lucene
indexes to return concrete objects.  One of the things we want to be
able to match by is by vocabulary terms annotated to that object, as
well as all of the child vocabulary terms of that annotated term.

So, what I was thinking about doing is extending my index that returns
objects of that type to include a new field say "sub_term".  In this
field I would put all of the text of these vocabulary sub terms
together, and introduce phrase boundries using some of the techniques
that are described in the Javadoc in the analysis section.  (Basically
writing a custom analyzer that introduces a position increment gap
between phrases)  I am however curious if an example of a usage like
that exists somewhere that I could use as a basis for the analyzer that
I'm going to have to write to handle this case.

Does anyone know of a good example?

Matt