lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tokenize on another character
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 13:05:47 GMT
I'm confused on the use case you're trying to implement,
could you add a bit more explanation?

In particular, do you ever want ROCK to match
ROCK AND ROLL? If you want both, that is
some searches match partial keywords and some
match entire keywords, I recommend you create a
second field in your document KEYWORD_EXACT or
some such and index it UN_TOKENIZED (storage is
optional). Also, you can index the KEYWORD field
as TOKENIZED. Then, when you want to match exactly,
you search against the first field, when you want to search
on any piece, search the second.

If this is completely off base, could you post the use-cases
you're interested in?

Best
Erick