lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Highlighter Hits
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 14:13:20 GMT
What does your stack trace look like? I've never seen Lucene "just quit"
without throwing an exception, and printStackTrace() is your friend.....

Or are you catching exceptions without logging them? If so, shame
on you <G>.....

Best
Erick

P.S. I can't recommend strongly enough that you get a good IDE
and debug in it. I spent far too much of my life debugging with
printlns and never, ever want to go back there again... Eclipse
is free if sometimes "interesting" to set up. IntelliJ is sweet. And
a unit test or two will help significantly too. Sorry if you know all this,
but your comment about prints lights me right up <G>.....