lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MultiSearcher to overcome the Integer.MAX_VALUE limit
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2008 21:40:24 GMT
Well, I'm not sure. But any index, even one split amongst many nodes
is going to have some interesting performance characteristics if you
have over 2 billion documents.... So I'm not sure it matters <G>...

What problem are you really trying to solve? You'll probably get
more meaningful answers if you tell us what that is.

Best
Erick