lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: factor in stopwords when searching
Date Sat, 22 Mar 2008 02:31:47 GMT
Don't throw away the stopwords?  :-)  Lucene can't score something it
doesn't know exists.  I suppose you could try to get fancy w/ payloads
and add payloads if stopwords exist, but I am just thinking out loud
there.

On Mar 21, 2008, at 9:20 PM, Chris Lu wrote:

> Let's say "the" is considered stopword. And for example two
> documents are
> document A, content: "... search the database..."
> document B, content: "... search database..."
>
> So when the user's input is "search the database", searching with
> query content:"search database"~1 can return both.
> But is there any way to translate that into a query that can rank the
> document A higher than document B?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Chris Lu
> -------------------------
> site: http://www.dbsight.net
> demo: http://search.dbsight.com
> Lucene Database Search in 3 minutes:
> http://wiki.dbsight.com/index.php?title=Create_Lucene_Database_Search_in_3_minutes
> DBSight customer, a shopping comparison site, (anonymous per request)
> got 2.6 Million Euro funding!

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucenebootcamp.com
Next Training: April 7, 2008 at ApacheCon Europe in Amsterdam

Lucene Helpful Hints: