lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Srikant Jakilinki <sriks6...@bluebottle.com>
Subject Re: Solid State Drives vs. RAMDirectory
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 11:58:56 GMT
Hi Toke,

Thanks for the write-up. Speaking for the community, the graphs (as
earlier) would be great.

There is no benchmarks page on the Wiki. There is one on the main site
to which you can add your stuff -
http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_1_0/benchmarks.html
Maybe one should create one on the wiki - not exactly called benchmarks
but titled as performance studies/findings or something similar to that.

BTW, guys, I am slowly going into testing performance on multi-disks on
multi-core machines (one indexer/searcher/index per disk). Initial
results are encouraging. If anyone has some pointers or done something
similar, it would be great.

Thanks
Srikant