lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: SOC: Lulu, a Lua implementation of Lucene
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2008 10:25:49 GMT

I am looking forward to a pure Lua version of Lucene.  Lua looks like
a neat and amazingly compact programming language.  I especially like
Lua's "table" container type which is both a list and a hash/dictionary.

One issue to watch out for is LUCENE-510, which has been an issue
with other Lucene implementations trying to match the Lucene index
format exactly:

I'm working on this one but not sure when exactly it will be fixed
since it's a difficult tradeoff (loses some indexing performance)...

Mike