lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From milu07 <long...@gmail.com>
Subject Call Lucene default command line Search from PHP script
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2008 20:24:37 GMT

Hello,

My machine is Ubuntu 7.10. I am working with Apache Lucene. I have done with
indexer and tried with command line Searcher (the default command line
included in Lucene package: http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_3_1/demo2.html).
When I use this at command line:

java Searcher -query algorithm

it works and returns a list of results to me. Here 'algorithm' is the
keyword to search.

However, I want to have a web search interface written in PHP, I use PHP
exec() to call this Searcher from my PHP script:

exec("java Searcher -query algorithm ", $arr, $retVal);
[I also tried: exec("java Searcher -query 'algorithm' ", $arr, $retVal)]

It does not work. I print the value of $retVal, it is 1.

I come back and try: exec("java Searcher -query algorithm 2>&1 ", $arr,
$retVal);
I receive:
org/apache/lucene/analysis/Analyzer
and $retVal is 1

In the command line Searcher.java of Lucene, it imports many libraries, is
this the problem?
import org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardAnalyz er;

I guess this is the problem of path. However, I do not know how to fix it
because it works in command line ($CLASSPATH points to the .jar file of
Lucene library). May be PHP does not know $CLASSPATH. So, I add Lucene lib
to $PATH:

export PATH=$PATH:/usr/lib/lucene-core-2.3.1.jar:/usr/lib

However, I get the same error message when I try: exec("java Searcher -query
algorithm 2>&1 ", $arr, $retVal);
org/apache/lucene/analysis/Analyzer

Could you please help?

Thank you,