lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sebastin <>
Subject Re: Good way of Indexing TextFiles
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 06:07:35 GMT

Hi All,
        I tried one Indexing Stratergy:
             1.I am having unique numbers as the search column for ex : my
search query should be

  9840836588 AND dateSc:[13/03/2008 TO 16/03/2008]

while Indexing the numbers i divide the number by 30000

9840836588%30000 = 26588

creating a folder in the foloowing format

I index and store the records in that while searching i get the
modulo and search the records only in that folder.

is it a good way of indexing?

Sebastin wrote:
> Hi All,
>        I am going to create a Lucene Index Store of Size 300 GB per
> month.I read Lucene Index Performance tips in wiki.can anyone suggest what
> are all the steps need to be followed while dealing with big Indexes.My
> Index Store gets updated every second.I used to search 15 days records
> approximately 150 GB records,in a time.Does anyone give me a clue,what
> have to set JVM for both Index and Search to avoid Out of memory error and
> how can i create Index store for large Indexes?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message