lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From 1world1love <jd_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject storing position - keyword
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 19:20:36 GMT

Greetings all. I am indexing a set of documents where I am extracting terms
and mapping them to a controlled vocabulary and then placing the matched
vocabulary in a keyword field. What I want to know is if there is a way to
store the original term location with the keyword field?

Example Text: "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog" -->

Controlled Vocabulary Terms: "physical activity", "exercise", "sedentary
lifestyle", "canine"

I am storing these controlled terms in a keyword field so they are stored
and searchable exactly.

What I would like to be able to do is to highlight the context of the
original term or phrase that is associated with a mapped term. So in the
example above, if the controlled term is "sedentary lifestyle", I would like
to highlight "lazy".

A couple of notes:

There can be multiple mapped terms for an original term or phrase.

The algorithm that handles the mapping provides the start and end position
of the original text

Thanks in advance for any ideas,