lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Toke Eskildsen ...@statsbiblioteket.dk>
Subject Re: MultiSearcher to overcome the Integer.MAX_VALUE limit
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 12:17:01 GMT
On Fri, 2008-03-07 at 00:03 +0100, Ray wrote:
> I am currently running a small random text indexer with 400 docs/second.
> It will reach 2 billion in around 45 days.

If you are just doing it to test large indexes (in terms of document
count), then you need to look into your index-generation code. I tried
making an ultra-simple index builder, where each document contains a
unique id and one of nine fixed strings. The index-building speed on my
desktop computer is 40.000 documents/second (tested with 100 million
documents).

I would suspect that your random text generator is where all the
time-intensive processing occurs. Either that or you're flushing after
each document addition (which lowers my execution speed to about 100
documents/second).