lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Nilesh Bansal" <nileshban...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene syntax query matched against a string content
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 04:48:08 GMT
Hi,

I want to create a function, which takes in a query string (in lucene
syntax), and a string as content and returns back if the query matches
the content or not. This would mean,

query = +(apache) +(lucene OR httpd)

will match

content = HTTPD by Apache foundation is one of the most popular open
source projects

and will not match

content = Lucene and httpd are projects from same open source foundation

Basically, I need to fill in the contents of the following Java
function. This should be easy to do, but I don't know how. I obviously
don't want to create a dummy lucene index in memory with a single
document and then search for the query against that (for performance
reasons).

public static boolean isRelevant(String luceneQuery, String contents) {
  // TODO fill in
}

Instead of boolean, it could return a relevance score, which will be
zero if the query is not relevant to the document.

Any help will be appreciated.

thanks
Nilesh

--