lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ryan Ackley" <ryanack...@gmail.com>
Subject ANN: Textmining.org extractor library v1.0 released
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 18:43:44 GMT
FYI, I just updated the textmining.org homepage with the following info.

The tm-extractors library has a new release! v1.0. You can download it here:

http://text-mining.googlecode.com/files/tm-extractors-1.0.jar

The tm-extractors library is a pure java library for extracting text
from Word documents. Notable improvements in this release:

* Support for fast-saved Word documents
* Many misc bug fixes
* Removal of dependencies on legacy HWPF code
* Support for older versions of Word for Windows (1.0, 2.0, and 4.0)
* Unit tests added
* Build file added
* Source moved to public subversion repository

The source is hosted by google project hosting. You can find info on
how to access the svn repository at the url:
http://code.google.com/p/text-mining/source/checkout. Watch
http://www.textmining.org for documentation and more helpful info in
the coming weeks. I just wanted to get this out asap.

This latest release was brought to you by Benryan Software Inc.
(http://www.benryan.com)

Please note that the license has changed to LGPL beginning with this
release and moving forward.