lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Boost value corrupted "read eof exception"
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 19:58:20 GMT

Reading between the lines, I suspect two things are happening here, both
of which seems like missunderstandings ...

1) i think the IOException seen while debugging is refering to an
exception which is handled internally in Lucene and is not actually a
problem -- but Allahbaksh is seeing it when stepping through his program
with a debugger.  Unless the exception is rethrown and your code is
catching it, you can ignore it ... there are places in the Lucene code
where exceptions may happen because of filesystem changes and but Lucene
can and does catch them and deal with them appropriately so you don't have
to.

2) i believe the refrences to boost values is about trying to call
getBoost() on a field or document after getting the document returned from
a search.  this is not something that will ever work, please read the
javadocs for getBoost().

...if i am wrong about my interpretation of either of these issues, please
ignore me and clarify the issues.

: Allahbaksh Mohammedali Asadullah <Allahbaksh_Asadullah@infosys.com> wrote:
: >
: > Hi,
: > Thanks for your valuable time.Could you get the same boost value what you
: > had stored. In my case I always get boost value as 1 ie. Default value. When
: > I debug it goes through IOException though it does not show any Exception on
: > the console in eclipse.
:
:
: Sorry, I don't understand what the problem is with the boost.  Can you turn
: this into a unit test that fails?  That would make the issue clearer.
:
: I also don't understand the exception you are seeing with debugging.  If you
: could make that exception occur in a unit test that would be great too.
:
: Mike
:

-Hoss