lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Question .. advanced query
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 06:44:06 GMT

it's not possible with the query syntax out of the box, but you could
write a custom subclass of SpanQuery to make it possible.

if your numbers are simple enough (ie: just 0-9) you could probably make
the SpanRegexQuery work for you.

: I am trying to perform a query that will enable me to run the following
: logic against the index:
: "4 3 [>=7] [>=4]" .. [>=7] means the third number must be greater or equal
: to 7 and [>=4] means that the fourth number must be greater or equal to 4 ..
: I have reviewed the query syntax and it seems that it is not possible to run
: something like that .. can you confirm?

-Hoss