lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Donna L Gresh <gr...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: MultiFieldQueryParser - BooleanClause.Occur
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 17:04:47 GMT
I believe something like the following will do what you want:

QueryParser parserTitle = new QueryParser("title", analyzer);
QueryParser parserAuthor = new QueryParser("author", analyzer);

BooleanQuery overallquery = new BooleanQuery();

BolleanQuery firstQuery = new BooleanQuery();
Query q1= parserTitle.parse(term1);
Query q2= parserAuthor.parse(term1);
firstQuery.add(q1, BooleanClause.Occur.SHOULD); //should is like an OR
firstQuery.add(q2, BooleanClause.Occur.SHOULD);

BolleanQuery secondQuery = new BooleanQuery();
Query q3= parserTitle.parse(term2);
Query q4= parserAuthor.parse(term2);
secondQuery.add(q3, BooleanClause.Occur.SHOULD);
secondQuery.add(q4, BooleanClause.Occur.SHOULD);

overallquery.add(firstQuery, BooleanClause.Occur.MUST); //must is like an
AND
overallquery.add(secondQuery, BooleanClause.Occur.MUST):

Donna  Gresh