lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem using Lucene on Ubuntu
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2008 12:56:49 GMT
How are you loading the document into the content variable below?  My
guess is still that you have different locales on Windows and Ubuntu.

(Btw, sorry about the java-user comment.  I should wake up before
sending responses.  For some reason I thought the email was sent to
java-dev)

-Grant

On Feb 18, 2008, at 7:44 AM, kratoras wrote:

> Actually what i figured out just now is that the problem is on the
> indexing
> part. A document with a 15MB size is transformed in a 23MB index
> which is
> not normal since on windows for the same document the index is 3MB.
> For the
> indexing i use:
> writer = new IndexWriter(index, new GreekAnalyzer(), !index.exists());
> and to add documents:
> doc.add(new
> Field("contents",content,Field.Store.YES,Field.Index.TOKENIZED));
>
> where "content" is a string with the content of the document. Should i
> convert this string to UTF-8 using getBytes before i write it to the
>
> --

Grant Ingersoll
http://lucene.grantingersoll.com
http://www.lucenebootcamp.com