lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem using Lucene on Ubuntu
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2008 12:24:01 GMT
This question is best asked on java-user.  However, my guess is that
it is related to your Locale and that you need to set the character
encoding to Greek on Ubuntu when reading in your files.

Something like:  Reader reader = new InputStreamReader(new
FileInputStream(file), "GREEK Char Encoding here");

-Grant

On Feb 18, 2008, at 7:08 AM, kratoras wrote:

> Hello!
> I ve written a sample application which indexes documents written in
> Greek
> using the GreekAnalyzer and search these documents with both greek and
> english words. Though on Windows the searching returns correct
> results, if i
> try it on Ubuntu the searching does not return any results for any
> greek
> word but it continues to search for english words. Could it be a
> problem of
> fonts in my ubuntu or what?Greek fonts are installed though.
>
> Thanks for any answers in advance
> --

Grant Ingersoll
http://lucene.grantingersoll.com