lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Different levels of negative boosting
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 01:47:22 GMT
What are the other parts of your queries like?  And why the need for
the separate instantiations of the QueryParser?

You might try something like:   good^2 badA^0.1 badB^0.3 or some other
bigger separation of the boost value between the good terms and the
bad terms.

The other thing to do is use the explain() method to see how the
individual terms are being scored.

-Grant